works for me wednesday: just do it

Wednesday, August 25, 2010
I'm sneaking in under the wire to contribute to this week's Works for Me Wednesday, which is hosted by Kristen of We are THAT Family


Tonight I did something that I need to do a lot more of - just doing it. Whatever "it" might happen to be. Tonight it was deciding to go into the sewing room (the sewing room that is the subject of last week's failed Two Things Tuesday and the return subject of this week's) and just plugging away at getting it sorted out. I told myself I'd do it for an hour. I purposely didn't set a timer, instead telling myself that I could just stick my head out the door to see the clock on the wall. I went in around 9:30.

At 10:30, I exited the room. I'd been in and out a few times as I moved random items to a better home but I hadn't looked at the clock on those occasions. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that I'd been in there for nearly an hour! To look at the area of the room that I was working in tonight you probably wouldn't notice a huge difference although it is definitely there.

I am very much a procrastinator, a person with big ideas and lofty plans but often little follow-through when it comes right down to it. I need to just do it or it often won't get done; set aside all the thoughts of "But I need this or that in order to do X or Y," and just get up, go in, and start. Simply getting up and beginning worked for me tonight and it will work tomorrow morning too, when I again go in to tackle the somewhat overwhelming task that is the sewing room.

For a ton of great tips and ideas or to contribute your own, head over to Kristen's blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 10 days will be moderated. Your comment may take some time to appear on this blog.