menu plan monday: 16|05 to 22|05

Monday, May 16, 2011
It's been about two months since I last posted and the blog has a new look. I'd like to think that it will help me pay more attention to it, neglected as it has been, but I don't know that it will. I'm going to try. I do miss blogging, however I haven't been taking very many pictures or doing very many projects of late.

At the moment, I'm one week away from my due date with this Belly Bean. I moved in with my boyfriend in mid-March and just the other day I signed the papers to sell my house, which has a closing date in mid-July. Most of my stuff and furniture will go into storage as it's going to be hard to cram a whole house worth of things into his house, which is already fully furnished and full of his things. We will be looking for yet another house in the very near future though as with the baby, my son, and my step-daughter, we are a bedroom short. For the time being, Bean will have to sleep in a bassinette in the corner of our bedroom, which is not something I want to do longterm. This week, as we wait for Bean to make an appearance, we are scrambling to get the house into some sort of order so that we can have a homebirth. There are numerous areas that need to be unpacked and cleaned in order for both of us to feel comfortable having extra people (ie: the midwife, family, etc) in the house.

One of the things that we need to get back into in order to simply things, including simplifying this week, is to get into meal planning again. I've been saying it in each of the past few sporadic posts and it only gets more and more true. It should be no surprise by now that this post, the first after another long absence, is one for Menu Plan Monday


Monday: tacos (using tortillas)
Tuesday: chicken and rice in the rice cooker, corn on the cob
Wednesday: Potato and Ham Soup (with carrots and corn added), crusty bread
Thursday: Bruschetta Chicken, brown rice, green beans
Friday: Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes, fruit salad
Saturday: Breaded Dijon Porkchops, mashed potatoes, carrots
Sunday:  Saucy Crockpot Chicken with Beans and Rice

Menu Plan Monday is hosted each week by Laura over at I'm an Organizing Junkie. Head over to add your own blog link or just to check out the hundreds of meal plans provided this week by other bloggers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 10 days will be moderated. Your comment may take some time to appear on this blog.