menu plan monday: 03|10 to 09|10

Monday, October 3, 2011
Last week's meal plan de-railed somewhere around Thursday, which was the night we had new counters installed in the kitchen but I ended up with leftovers from the first half of the week and have tried to incorporate those into the suppers this week. Last Friday's supper became Sunday's meal instead and there is enough left over for lunch a few more days this week.

This week's meal plan uses up freezer and pantry items as well as the previously-mentioned leftovers. Apart from fruit for school lunches and a few miscellaneous items, the grocery bill this week should be pretty low. I plan to shop from the fliers and price match as well.


This week I plan on us eating the following suppers. 

Monday: Pizza Braid, Caesar salad
Thursday: Baked Quesadillas filled with leftovers from last Tuesday's supper, veggies
Friday: Savory Spiral Stuffed Rolls, Caesar salad
Saturday: loaded Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce, raw veggies

To do and/or do ahead of time:
Today while surfing on my phone and nursing O, I came across a blog which mentioned themed meals for each week. Of course, I've lost the page and can't find it again but I think it may be something I try next week. It'll likely be fairly broad - eg: Monday: Italian, Tuesday: slow cooker, etc - but it might make it easier to meal plan. Or maybe more difficult if I'm also trying to incorporate leftovers and sales into those themes. For now though, for this week, I'm going to work on prepping as much as I can in the mornings for each night's supper. O naps best in the morning and I'm more likely to get uninterrupted time to work.

This post is linked to Menu Plan Monday over at I'm an Organizing Junkie. Head over there if you're in need or want of hundreds of other meal ideas.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments on posts older than 10 days will be moderated. Your comment may take some time to appear on this blog.