menu plan monday: august 23 - 29

Monday, August 23, 2010
Last week ran nearly perfectly smoothly in terms of meals and the meal (ie: supper) plan I'd made up. I was impressed! This week's supper menu took a little more thought for some reason and includes nights where I'll be eating supper at work instead of home.


Monday: Broccoli Soup (adding in a potato and a carrot too)
Tuesday: Lasagna Casserole, garlic toast
Wednesday: Easy Pumpkin Pancakes with real maple syrup
Thursday: Moroccan Quinoa Salad
Friday: leftover broccoli soup
Saturday: pizza (using this crust from Eat, Shrink and Be Merry)
Sunday: Mexican Lasagna

This week is a bit of a pantry challenge and I think I may be able to make it with only picking up a bit of salsa and a small tub of cottage cheese. I may even be able to make  the salsa myself; I have one large grocery store tomato and what looks like two nearly-red San Marzano tomatoes in the garden. In a pinch, I suppose I could use canned tomatoes. This week's menu also uses up a head of broccoli in my fridge (we ate nearly all of a head of cauliflower last week!) and potentially a butternut squash too.

I didn't make the granola from last week. If I do it this week it'll have to be either Wednesday evening or after Friday night. I also didn't make the bread; I have a double batch rising in the oven right now. I'm heading out to run a few errands while it rises.

If you're interested in browsing through [what will be] well over 200 other menu plans, stop by Organizing Junkie for this week's Menu Plan Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 10 days will be moderated. Your comment may take some time to appear on this blog.