more newborn sewing

Saturday, October 30, 2010
My diaper stash sewing is on hold for a few days while I wait on some supplies to arrive in my mailbox but I did get a couple more done before I ran out of the fabric I'm using for my inners and hidden inners.

These are from the same pattern as the pink velour diaper, however, while the dinosaur one is the same size as the velour, the other two are from the smaller newborn size of the same pattern. When I made the velour and dinosaur diapers, I was thinking they looked bigger than I had expected them to be. So I cut out two more using the smaller size and they are bang on. So tiny and adorable!

This one as the same layers as the velour diaper posted previously with the exception of it being cotton interlock on the outside.

These next two are the smaller newborn size. Both have cotton interlock outers, hidden hemp french terry inners, and a next-to-baby inner of stretch baby terry. The soakers are two layers of thick diaper flannel backed by cotton interlock and topped with velour.

And a size comparison shot between the two newborn sizes.

Lastly, I have a New Conceptions Baby Essentials cross-front top, 0 - 3 month size, in cotton interlock. I have a diaper cut out of the same print and plan to make a few more coordinating diapers and a pair of wool longies to go with it as well. The cover is made using the newborn Fattycakes pattern.

I love sewing tiny baby things! Quick, simple, and adorable.


Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 10 days will be moderated. Your comment may take some time to appear on this blog.