menu plan monday: august 16 - 22

Monday, August 16, 2010
One of the changes I implemented last week was meal planning. I've done it in the past with great success but somehow fell off the wagon. I loved how easy it made it to grocery shop, prepare supper, and free up time but apparently I didn't love it enough. Back in the saddle.

Laura at Organizing Junkie hosts Menu Plan Monday each week and you'll find all the meal ideas and recipes you'll ever need over there as bloggers from all over converge on Laura's blog to post links to their own weekly meal plans.


I rarely plan ahead on what veggies or sides to have on any given meal but I will start doing that. I've included sides here but they are in no way carved in stone. We also have a few busy nights this week as well as a night shift (possibly two if I can't get one off) for me.

I don't have many recipe links this time around (I'm usually much better at that) but this week chez The Year of Feeling Awesome we will be dining as follows:

Monday: creamed peas on toast (mmmm!!)
Tuesday: Moroccan Quinoa Salad
Wednesday: minestrone soup
Thursday: spaghetti with homemade sauce, cheesy garlic bread, Caesar salad
Friday: ham steaks with sweet and sour pineapple sauce, Special Cauliflower, carrots
Saturday: grilled cheese sandwiches, pickles
Sunday: turkey meat patties topped with tomato sauce and cheese, Hasselback potatoes, corn

I also have plans this week to make a batch of Megan's granola, a few loaves of the best bread ever (and mix up some bags of the dry ingredients to put in the freezer), and rice pudding (with raisins!).

If you're interested in other meal ideas or just want to be introduced to a ton of new-to-you great blogs, head over to Organizing Junkie and check out this week's participants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 10 days will be moderated. Your comment may take some time to appear on this blog.